You enjoy using your design skills to solve problems. At Äventyret you will make use of those skills when taking on challenging tasks that often involve the creation of tools and services that are integral to our clients ventures. You understand that your design decisions will have real impact for the client’s business and on the end users experience. You also realize that success is achieved only when both objectives reach excellence.
You’re at your best when using your skills to solve the problems of others. You’ll happily admit that design is bit of a fuzzy concept but your definition of it includes interaction, experience, usability, graphic form, typography and communication. You understand how to translate the building blocks of a brand into advanced interfaces. You’d choose to rather work with e-commerce design and flow-heavy applications (web and mobile) than happy, bouncy, promotional sites. You have worked as a designer for a few years now and know how to use the tools. You have worked closely with web developers and believe their input makes you a better designer.
Hopefully, this describes you:
- Typography is a key part of the interfaces you create. That’s why you not only master it, but master it well
- You provide back-up to support the design designs you make. Whether the concept has started with a narrow definition or you’ve been given carte blanche
- You enjoy playing around with code for whatever it is that you are designing – even if your syntax isn’t perfect
- You speak Swedish or not, regardless – your English is above average
- You are not your design – therefore there’s room for discussion
- You enjoy interaction with your clients and are good at getting their feedback
It might be that you can’t do everything on our list but you can do other things we’ve missed out. So, why not apply anyway and tell us what should have been on the list and why you think you are good at those things.
What we can offer
- A fun and creative workplace with (26) engaging and enjoyable colleagues. You’ll find our office at Kungsgatan 66 in Stockholm and it’s also where we develop, design and code our assignments.
- Challenging work tasks that will help you develop as a designer, typically working on the construction of tools and services that are aligned with or integral to the businesses of our clients. Consequently, your decisions will carry some weight.
- Sensible working hours and a mature perspective on work. Of course, you can be available and in the office for work and client meetings but we have flexible working hours and the possibility of working remotely when needed. We also have market-based, yet competitive salaries, overtime compensation and pension plans.
We need you from the end of September but we can work out the exact date together.
This is a full-time position, located at our head office in Stockholm. Selection and interviewing is ongoing, so you are more than welcome to submit your CV (and/or link to your LinkedIn profile), cover letter and portfolio when you are ready (but ideally as soon as possible).
Applications welcome: please send your application to Frida Hammarström, email: [email protected] We’re looking forward to hearing from you!